Our Background

Incorporated in 1969, our vision was to offer a private, yet non-profit counseling resource for people in Northeast Georgia.† Over the years we have developed an excellent reputation, both for providing high quality affordable Counseling and therapy, as well as for our active involvement in the community.

We have some of the most highly trained and experienced staff available in the area and have become a respected partner in a number of community collaborations addressing such public safety concerns as child abuse and neglect, domestic violence, and impaired driving.

Our welcoming facility is located at 1435 Oglethorpe Ave. The building was dedicated in 1996 and was named in honor of Bob and Barbara Carson for their efforts in the early establishment of FCS as well as their involvement in other humanitarian efforts in the community. Please feel free to contact us if you would like additional information about our history or services.

In our lobby, we feature artwork from community members. For information on viewing or displaying work, please call us.